As you may be aware, COVID cases are on the rise. While this isn’t unexpected, and is on trend with past years, it is important that we remain cautious. Currently, Hartford County, as well as most of Connecticut is at a high transmission level.
In order to keep our students and staff safe, we’d like to remind you:
- At the first signs of illness, no matter how mild, please test
- If the test is negative, and students feel well enough to attend school they should wear a mask while symptomatic, even with mild symptoms
- Those experiencing symptoms of illness, should test daily while having symptoms. Home COVID tests can be negative the first few days of COVID infection, especially with mild symptoms.
The CDC recommends mask wearing for all individuals in high transmission counties, so you may want to encourage your child to wear a mask during this time.
Additionally, masks should always be worn:
- Days 6-10 after an individual has had COVID
- 10 days after exposure to a COVID positive person in the home
We encourage families to order their free COVID tests from the government at covid.gov/tests, as schools will no longer be receiving free kits. If you have tests that are past their expiration dates, don’t forget to check lot numbers at the same site. Many tests, including those the school has provided, have extended expiration dates. The most recent tests we’ve distributed have been extended until 4/28/23. We have a limited number of free test kits remaining, so should you need additional test kits, please reach out to Mrs. LeDuc.
Please remember, symptom vigilance is the key to maintaining the health of our students and staff. Attached please find our Illness Flow Chart. Please reference this if your child is experiencing signs of illness, or has been exposed to COVID. As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mrs. LeDuc (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your continued support.