At IEA, we work hard to ensure a seamless admissions process. Referrals may be made directly to the school by a student's parents, or students may be referred by their school districts. Placement of students is made through the joint cooperation of each student's parents, the student's IEA team, and local education agencies.
In general, the Admissions process is as follows:
- IEA will offer a virtual tour of the school to the family.
- The student's record should be sent to IEA for review. This record should include: the most recent IEP and any evaluations completed in the last three years. Records can be sent to email@example.com
- If a program can be designed at IEA, the prospective student and their family will be invited to participate in an admissions meeting with IEA's admissions team. Typically, these meetings will be held virtually via Zoom, but if a virtual visit is not the best avenue for a student, alternative arrangements can be made, taking COVID-19 precautions into consideration.
- If a student is accepted, a placement PPT will take place prior to student placement for LEA referred students.
- If no action is taken for 6 months from the date of the 1st intake meeting, the sending party will be reminded to pick up any records they have given IEA within 2 weeks. After this, the unclaimed records will be destroyed.
To request further information and/or to schedule a virtual tour, please click here.