At IEA, we work hard to ensure a seamless admissions process. Referrals may be made directly to the school by a student's parents/guardians, or students may be referred by their school districts. Placement of students is made through the joint cooperation of each student's parents/guardians, the student's IEA team, and local education agencies.
In general, the Admissions process is as follows:
- An intake meeting will be held, including a tour of the school and discussion regarding student needs.
- IEA professionals will review the records of the prospective student including the IEP. IEA will determine if an appropriate program to service the student’s needs can be developed.
- If a program can be designed at IEA, the prospective student will be invited to visit the school for approximately three days. During the visit, IEA staff will observe, informally assess and evaluate the student. A report will be shared with the parents and/or school district or referring professionals. A decision will then be made regarding the student placement and appropriate parties notified.
- A placement PPT will take place prior to student placement for LEA referred students.
- If no action is taken for 6 months from the date of the 1st intake meeting, unclaimed records will be destroyed.
To request further information and/or to schedule a virtual tour, please click here.