We provide equity.
We honor diversity.
We ensure inclusion.
What is EDI?
Equity: Promoting justice, impartiality, and fairness within the procedures, processes, and distribution of resources by institutions or systems.
Diversity: The presence of differences that may include race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, age, religious commitment, or political perspective.
Inclusion: An outcome to ensure those that are diverse actually feel and/or are welcome.
IEA's EDI Mission Statement
We honor the uniqueness of each individual and embrace diverse backgrounds, values, abilities, and beliefs. We commit to becoming culturally proficient in order to build a strong, inclusive, anti-racist community and prepare our students and ourselves to fully participate in a global society.
Yolanda Williams, Co-Chair
Keumok Heo, Co-Chair
What does the EDI Committee do?
- EDI Committee meets weekly to discuss important agenda topics.
- EDI Committee organizes professional developments.
- EDI Committee maintains a website and bulletin board to provide information.
- EDI Committee works on multicultural curriculum.
- EDI Committee offers cultural events and activities.
- EDI Committee works with the IEA community. Please see the statement to the community.
- EDI Committee creates the multicultural book gallery and art gallery.